Early Alert: Walmart leaks kids top choice toys and new layaway details
Better early than never? Although it’s still August, the retail giant announced Walmart Toy Week offering a sneak-peek of their annual kids top choice where they survey thousand of kids to pick the top toys of the year (vetting the stuff kid’s really want for Christmas). Walmart has an assortment of these toy deals featured (some rolled back) as a pre-holiday purchase. The promotion could be a tactic to provide the retailer data as to which hot toy items they will insert into the huge list of Walmart Black Friday doorbusters. Some of the “chosen ones” include:
- Fisher-Price Bright Beats Dance & Move Beatbo
- Nerf N-Strike Mega Series RotoFury Blaster
- Marvel RC Hulk Smash
- Fisher-Price Little People Big Animal Zoo
- Doc McStuffins Pet Vet Talking Doll and Care Clinic
- LEGO DUPLO Creative Play Creative Animals Building Set
- Playskool Sesame Street My Peek-a-Boo Elmo Toy
- Disney Frozen Elsa Castle
- Barbie Dreamhouse
- Girl Scouts Deluxe Cookie Oven
Coincidence? 2 weeks ahead of 2014, Walmart is launching it’s annual holiday layaway program Friday, August 28. They have lowered the price of eligible items to $10 with a $50 minimum purchase, no fee to start a layaway account with 10% down. Layaway pick up deadline is Monday, December 14 and folks will have 90 days (up from 60) to pay for it.
These will lead up to the Friday, September 4 Force Friday event which will feature a fist glimpse of exclusive Star Wars merchandise to help promote the theatrical release of Star Wars: The Force Awakens on December 18, 2015.