What to Buy in July – Summer’s hidden savings
July … best time to buy Laptops, Summer Clothing and some Big-Ticket Home items.
Just ahead of early Back-to-School sales, July offers one of the best times to find deals on laptops and desktop computers (just behind to Black Friday/Cyber Monday), while popular tech items like smartphones and tablets may see better pricing as school shopping season hits full stride in August. Either way, the earlier you shop for a computing device, the better chance you have at getting the model and features you want. Last year, 63% of parents ranked laptops as the most important tool for students and purchase them at a rate of 5 to 1 over tablets as the students main learning resource.
The big 4th of July sales events lead the kick-off for summer clothing clearance as retailers aggressively price warm weather apparel and what’s remain of previous styles of clothing and shoes to make room for back to school sales launching later in July. July 4th shoppers can expect notable price drops on outdoor toys and games, as well as pool, patio and party supplies.
Other July savings that launch over the 4th offer deep savings on home and patio furniture, mattresses and some large appliances up to 40% off, plus Father’s Day leftovers for the DIYers on tools/tool boxes, and health and fitness products. and before it gets too hot and sells out (fast), keep an eye on price drops for air conditioners and fans (box, floor-standing and ceiling fans). July shoppers can stack these savings with increased Cash Back from more than 100 top retailers throughout July and utilize the new FatWallet cash back shopping app to assure the same savings opportunities anywhere, anytime.
Here’s the details on What to Buy in July:
Starting in late June, the weekend before holiday celebrations, retailers blast out week long deep discounts during Independence Day Sales, allowing consumers to buy what they need in advance to having fun with family and friends.
- Patio/Party: (furniture, decorations, flags, dishware, lighting/candles)
- Outdoors: (camping, fishing, grilling accessories, patio furniture & accessories)
- Air Conditioners: (window AC units and installation discounts, fans, shades, etc)
- Summer Outdoor Toys: (pool and water toys, swings, yard games, etc)
Tip: Shopping the weekend before is smart for all the right reasons…selection, savings and having items in-hand to enjoy during your holiday.
July heats up with a variety of savings that tops out with double cash back from 100s of top stores.
- Sports/Outdoors: (golf, cycling, running, baseball, camping, fishing, swimwear)
- Workout Equipment: (treadmills, weights, yoga accessories, workout apparel/gear)
- Audio Tech: (ipods, mp3 players, boom boxes and accessories, earbuds, speakers)
- Big Appliances: (microwaves, refrigerators, stoves, laundry, AC)
- Furniture: (couches, chairs, dining room sets, bedroom sets, outdoor furniture)
- MISC: (tools, paint, summer clothing, suits, jewelry, some grills and patio furniture)
Tip: Start looking for summer product pricing to start hitting clearance in mid-July as retailers start to restock for back to school and early fall sales events.
The savviest online, and FatWallet, shoppers flock to the web for some of the lowest pricing of the year on laptops and computers, as well as early retail sales featuring Back-to-School needs, ahead of the August in-store rush.
- Tech: (laptops, tablets and iPads, cell phones and iPhones, PC’s)
- Supplies: (writing supplies, backpacks, lunch bags, art supplies)
- Apparel: (uniforms, shirts, blouses, jeans, shoes, jackets, hoodies, shorts)
- Dorm Furnishings: (luggage, furniture, lighting, rugs, small appliances, storage)
Tip: Check our Ultimate Laptop Buying Guide and/or Student Laptop Buying Guide for smart money-saving buying tips and a comprehensive overview of the most important components and features before you make such a big investment.